Thursday, December 22, 2011

I've Lived A Thousand Years

I Have Lived A Thousand Years: Growing Up In The HolocaustI Have Lived A Thousand Years: Growing Up In The Holocaust by Livia Bitton-Jackson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


What an amazing story.



View all my reviews

I don't know what it is about holocaust stories, I find them very compelling. I think it is that something so awful did and continues to happen and that somehow people actually survived. I think what gets me though these books is knowing that the author will survive.

Elli and her family live in Hungary and are swept off to concentration camps in April 1944. Elli is able to stay with her mother but they are separated from her brother, Bubi, and father. Days without food and water...somehow they survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment