Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Jefferson's Sons

Jefferson's SonsJefferson's Sons by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I loved this book! I listened to the audio book which I would highly recommend. The reader was able to effectively read the conversations in the proper dialect without sounding all wrong. My kids only listened to maybe one CD while in the car with me but they were riveted. It upset Adam a little because some families were being separated when they were sold to different owners. Kimberly Brubaker Bradley did lots of research to get the facts right about the relationship between Jefferson and Hemings and filled in the unknown facts, conversations and home life, as best she could.

This would be a great book for classes studying The Underground Railroad or slavery or family relationships.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment