Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Just read a book -will ya'

So it's babytime this morning and we had just finished going through our first set of songs and rhymes-Skinnamarink, 10 little fingers and Ladies Ride-and I stood up to start the flannel counting.  From the back of the room one of my story time regulars, he's about two,  shouted "Read a Book!". He was tired of all the nonsense that we had to go through just to get to the book. I laughed as well as everyone else in the room.  The pressure was on-I hope I didn't disappoint him.

In the toddler story time one of my regulars-a three year old boy-didn't want to stand up for "Jump and Count" because his shoes didn't work. They looked fine to me but I let him know that he could just watch.  Well, we got to three and he was up-he said his shoes were now working.  Certain songs kids can not resist-"Wheels on the Bus" and "Jump and Count".

No comments:

Post a Comment