Thursday, December 22, 2011

I'll Be There

I'll Be ThereI'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Of course, some kids don't want to go to school-"It's boring, I don't learn anything." Blah, blah, blah...to that I say, Hah!



View all my reviews

Sam would love to attend school since he hasn't for well over ten years. His dad keeps them on the move, running from town to town, with Sam's younger brother, Riddle, riding along in the back seat of the beat up pick up truck. That is until Sam meets Emily and everything about his life changes. Riddle, who hardly talks, begins talking with Emily's mom while they cook dinner. Even cooking food is new to Sam and Riddle-they usually eat gas station food out of plastic wrappers. But what happens when their bi-polar dad finds out about Emily and Sam-yikes-it is a wild journey for Sam and Riddle to get back to Emily, her family and stability.

This book was very entertaining, not sappy, not funny, but thoughtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment