Monday, May 9, 2011

Life of a middle schooler.

My son, Sam, is the kindest most loving boy , he does very well in school and sees the best in all people except teachers.  He thinks that all teachers are after him and that after teaching for two years they should get out because they just become mean and hate kids.  I honestly love the little tidbits about school that he gives me that have to do with how the teachers act and his view of their actions. 

Here is the most recent story.  The kids and I were sitting down for dinner and having a nice dinner conversation.  It is OAA week so all three of them have stuff to tell me.  I'm listening to Adam and I hear part of what Sam is saying but it catches my attention and I ask him to repeat it.  It went like this:
Me:  Sam, what did you say?
Sam:  The teachers think we are disgusting and won't touch our papers.
Me:  What do you mean they won't touch your papers?
Sam:  After the testing they take our papers and make copies.  They will touch the copies but the originals they treat like they have a major disease on them.  They keep the copies but send the originals off to some company to grade.
Me:  Ah geez Sam do you really think that.
Sam:  Yeah Mom it happens all the time-they think we are gross or something.
Me.:  Okay first of all they send the original off to be graded because that is the process.  Not because they don't want to touch it.  Secondly, they keep a copy just in case something happens to the original-not because they don't want to touch it.
Sam:  (Sly smile on his face)  Mom, I don't think that I want you to work in the schools-you make the teachers seem human.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment