Friday, May 20, 2011

Just right

Some days everything goes just right.  I got up this morning and the sun was almost shining.  Adam was in a great mood ready to ice his cakes for Business Day.  My coffee was just right, sweet but not too, hot but not burn your tongue hot and the lady at the deli counter told me that I could have anything that I wanted.  Then, when I got to work I was summoned to the desk to give Annie her first library card. 

Annie has been coming to my story times since she was three and now she is almost six.  In that time her family has expanded by two brothers.  Now I get to watch them grow up, but for now Annie is the big girl.  I was so honored because she wanted me to sign her up so I made a big production of the process.  I had her stand on a stool so that I could see her at the counter, then she got to give me all of her information:  name, phone, address etc.  She was so excited.  She wanted to know how many books she could check out and for how long so I gave her a borrowers guide with her name on it.  I also gave her a little Worthington Libraries wallet to hold her card and receipt.  She was very careful about her book selection because she was using her own card and she choose just six when she could have taken home ten. 

My day continues to be great-the sun is shining, it is Friday, the kids are happy and ready for the weekend.  Everything is just right...

No comments:

Post a Comment